IP Australia Fee Review 2009-10
13 May 2010
IP Australia has completed a review of fees charged under the IP Rights legislation. We have also reviewed our agency Cost Recovery Impact Statement (CRIS). IP Australia is seeking your feedback on the proposed fee changes and the draft CRIS.
The objectives of the revised CRIS and the fee review are to:
- keep fee structures as simple as possible with minimal changes over time,
- reduce the administrative burden on customers and achieve improvements in operational efficiency within IP Australia,
- achieve greater parity and uniformity in fees across service lines,
- minimise any under/over recovery,
- initially reduce and then remove cross subsidisation across product groups
- ensure fee structures support innovation in Australia and by Australians overseas.
Following the consultation period, IP Australia will request government agreement to seek the approval of Her Excellency, the Governor-General in Council, to make regulations to increase patent fees from 1 August 2010.
Please forward all feedback by cob 10 June 2010 to FeeReview@ipaustralia.gov.au
47 Bowes Street
Woden ACT 2606
Fax: 02 6283 2678
Last Updated: 15/9/2012