Raising the Bar Bill introduced in the Senate
22 Jun 2011
Senator Kim Carr, the Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research has introduced the Intellectual Property Laws Amendment (Raising the Bar) Bill 2011 in the Senate.
The Raising the Bar Bill is designed to strengthen and improve Australia's IP system and is the culmination of an extensive consultation process that started in 2009.
The Raising the Bar Bill and accompanying explanatory memorandum can be viewed at the Bill's homepage.
For more information, read Senator Carr's media release.
Any enquires should be directed to Ms Terry Moore (02 6283 2632) or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public submissions on the exposure draft
Update 29 July 2011
IP Australia received the following submissions on the exposure draft:
- AIPPI, APAA, IPTA, FICPI and LCA [146 KB]
- AIPPI [195 KB]
- AusBiotech [205 KB]
- Baker & McKenzie pt1 [792 KB]
- li>Baker & McKenzie pt2 [472 KB]
- BCNA [362 KB]
- CHF [1.14 MB]
- Condon and Muir (Griffith Hack) [101 KB]
- CRC Committee [0.98 MB]
- Dr M Summerfield [56 KB]
- Gilbert & Tobin pt1 [240 KB]
- Gilbert & Tobin pt2 [1.45 MB]
- GMiA [6.53 MB]
- Go8, NICTA and CSIRO [117 KB]
- GSK [498 KB]
- Handler and Burrell [51.9 KB]
- Holden [471 KB]
- Institute of Chartered Accountants [356 KB]
- Intel Corporation [14.5 KB]
- IPTA & FICPI [1.69 MB]
- IPTA [718 KB]
- James Hardie [81.8 KB]
- Keith Leslie [471 KB]
- LCA [107 KB]
- Lord & Company [109 KB]
- Medicines Australia [1.01 MB]
- Microsoft [536 KB]
- MIPI [1.22 MB]
- Nicol and Liddicoat [106 KB]
- NintiOne [484 KB]
- Nufarm [60.0 KB]
- Pfizer [1.20 MB]
- Qld Law Society [1.43 MB]
- ResMed [36.2 KB]
- Stephen Stern [377 KB]
Please note that some confidential submissions were also received.
Last Updated: 06/12/2012