Asia-Pacific Development Cooperation
We have been a key participant in a range of development cooperation activities focused on capacity building in the Asia-Pacific region.
A major development project from 2006 to 2009 was the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) IP Rights Public Education and Awareness Program.
Jointly delivered with the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore and the Hong Kong Intellectual Property Department, the program was conducted in three phases. It helped to equip APEC Member Economies with the skills and resources to implement public education and awareness activities which promote the effective use of IP in the region.
Other significant development cooperation projects included:
- training trade marks hearings officers from Malaysia
- IP cost recovery workshops for Vietnam and Thailand
- leadership skills training for officials from IP office across Asia
- developing IP strategy workshop in Vietnam
- trade marks examiner and hearings officer training for Papua New Guinea
- plant breeder's rights workshops for Vietnam
Last Updated: 23/11/2013