Welcome to AusPat, the search system for Australian patents.
In AusPat you can:
- Search for applications through the Quick, Structured and Advanced search interfaces
- Use the full text searching capability to explore the contents of applications back to 1904
- View, sort, customise and print the results of your search in the "Search Results" page
- Use the Name Selector to find variants of Applicant and Inventor names
- Access responses, reports, amendments and search reports via eDossier
- Access additional opposition, ownership and publication data
- Use eJournal – search, browse and print information from the AU patent journals
- Use eRegister – search, browse and print extracts from the Register of Patents
- Subscribe to cases of interest using the Subscribe to Email Notification Service
- Submit s27 and s28 material to IP Australia using the "Submission of Relevant Material (s27, s28)" link on the relevant application details page
To help you gain the most from AusPat the following support documentation is available:
- AusPat user guide (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- System requirements
- Filling the Gaps - a list of missing specifications that we are making progressively available (last updated 12 December 2011)
- AusPat Notification User Guide PDF
- AusPat Notification User Guide RTF
For further information regarding eDossier and the coverage of data available on AusPat, please see our website.
We recommend that you obtain professional advice before significant business decisions are made based on published patent documents, or if assistance is needed in searching Australian or worldwide patent documentation or in interpreting the results of patent searches.
For assistance please email our customer service centre email@example.com or call our hotline on 1300 65 10 10 (9am - 7pm AEST Monday - Friday.)