We want you to be able to derive maximum value from the IP system in an easily accessible and cost effective manner. To achieve this we are committed to continually improving our business systems to meet our customer requirements and expectations.
You have told us you want to be able to conduct transactions with us online and at your convenience, with a secure and consistent customer experience when interacting with us. In response to the changing needs of our customers, over the last few years we have implemented and further developed our electronic transaction portal, eServices.
eServices is a secure, reliable and convenient way to access a range of our transactions and services. With eServices you are able to view your history; apply, renew or amend your application; save or resume a current eService and make payments.
Changes to the Privacy Act effective 12 March 2014
On 12 March 2014 amendments to the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) came into effect. The amendments are intended to enhance the protection of individuals' personal information in Australia. The reforms include 13 new Australian Privacy Principles to regulate the processing and handling of personal information by agencies, such as IP Australia. The eServices Terms and Conditions have been updated in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. Upon logging into and using eServices from 12 March 2014, all registered users will be required to accept the updated Terms and Conditions.
Currently, no outages are scheduled for eServices.
Make a payment
A new feature "Make a Payment" will allow users to make payments on IP rights, invitations to pay (ITP), invoices and any other general payments.
eServices offers all patents service requests, including:
- Patents applications (Provisionals, Standards, Innovations and National Phase Entry)
- Patents assignments
- Patents amendments
- Patents renewals
- General patents payments (including Invititation to Pay)
- Patent certified copy requests
For more information on how to apply, go to Apply for a Patent.
International (PCT) Patent Applications are handled via an external international site.
For more information on how to apply for an International Patent Application.
eServices offers all designs service requests, including:
- Designs applications
- Designs amendments
- Designs renewals
- Designs examination requests
- General designs payments (including invoices)
- Designs certified copy requests
For more information on how to apply, go to Apply for a Design.
eServices offers all trade mark service requests, including:
- Trade mark applications
- TM Headstart (pre application service) PART 1
- TM Headstart amendments (pre application service)
- Trade mark amendments
- International trade mark applications
- Trade mark renewals and registrations
- General trade mark payments (including invoices)
- Trade marks certified copy requests
Not sure which type of application is right for you? Go to Get the Right Trade Mark.
For more information on how to apply, go to Apply for a Trade Mark.
Trade Marks International Fee Calculator
Plant Breeder's Rights
eServices offers all plant breeder's rights service requests, including:
- Plant Breeder's Rights applications - Part 1 and Part 2
- Plant Breeder's Rights assignment of rights
- Plant Breeder's Rights variations
- Plant Breeder's Rights general payments (including invoices)
- Plant Breeder's Rights certified copy requests
For more information on how to apply, go to Apply for a Plant Breeder's Right.
Last Updated: 19/6/2014