Apply for a trade mark
There are three paths you can take to apply for a trademark. Each path meets slightly different needs and has slightly different fees:
- A pre-application service (TM Headstart) to provide an assessment of your application before you officially apply using eServices
- Use our standard online application process using eServices
- Apply by mail
Not sure which type of application you need? We can help you to choose the right trade mark application method.
What to include
An application must include the following:
- your name and contact details
- a representation of the trade mark - see our image requirements for eServices
- a list of the relevant classes - know what you are offering as goods or services
- a description of the goods and/or services to which it will apply
- a translation of any part of your mark that is another language
- the required fee.
Fees if applying by mail
Please note that applying by mail is more expensive than applying online. Fees for applying through the post out outlined in the table below:
|Trade Mark Application||$220 per Class|
|Series Trade Mark Application||$370 per Class|
These fees are subject to change. GST does not apply to these statutory fees under Division 81 of the GST Act 1999.
Last Updated: 25/9/2015