Apply for a trade mark online
Filling out the application form
The application form is divided into steps. Once you have completed all of these you will be able to preview your complete application before you submit the application form to us. You will also be able to print out your complete application for your records.
To successfully complete the form, you will need the following:
- Cookie technology. If you don't have cookies enabled on your computer, the E-Form may not work properly. Please make sure your computer's cache is set to refresh every page, every time you view it.
- Trade mark applicant/s name, address and contact details
- Image format (if applicable) for a logo. One of the following: GIFF (.gif), TIFF (.tif), BMP (.bmp), JPEG (.jpg or .jpeg), PNG (.png). Please note due to system constraints, file attachments are limited to a maximum of 10Mb.
- A minimum image size of 227 x 227 pixels (approximately 8 x 8 cm) This will ensure that the features of the trade mark can be clearly identified.
- Details of the goods and/or services on which your trade mark will be used.
- Only very minor changes are allowed to the trade mark after it has been submitted.
- Goods and/or services can't be extended once your application has been submitted.
Completing Your Application
The following information will help you successfully complete and submit an online application.
- You must pay your filing application fee using a Credit Card (MasterCard, VISA only).
- The application should take 10 - 15 minutes to complete if you prepare your information in advance.
- The application form is divided into steps. Once you have completed all of these you will be able to preview your complete application before you submit the application form to us. You will also be able to print out your complete application for your records.
- The application process may be completed in more than one session. You are able to save a partially completed application form and return to it later. Use the Save for next time option on the application form. To reload your application, return to this page and click on Retrieve Saved Application.
- The logon session will time out after one hour of inactivity to help protect your privacy.
- If you are connecting to the Internet via a dial up account, you may be disconnected by your Internet Service Provider after a period of inactivity.
- A screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 is recommended.
You can apply online now if you have everything you need to complete the form.
Please note that information provided in your application form, including personal information, will be made available on the Internet. See our privacy statement for more information.
Please contact us if you need further information or for any problems.
Last Updated: 12/4/2013