Short course in trade marks database searching
Sydney - Melbourne - Adelaide - Brisbane - Perth - Canberra
About Trade Marks Searching Courses
There are many factors worth considering when investigating trade mark registration, including determining whether it has the capacity to function as a trade mark itself and whether something similar already exists on the Trade Marks Register.
The Australian Trade Marks On-line Search System (ATMOSS) allows users to conduct searches using a range of criteria. It is designed to help you search for similar Trade Marks and is used by Trade Mark examiners in their assessment of Trade Marks for registration.
In this course we explore what information is available on ATMOSS and how to use the system effectively to find similar trade marks. We show you how to conduct efficient and thorough searches of the Trade Marks database using tips, strategies and specialised searching tools.
After this course you will be able to more easily:
- find useful information on the ATMOSS database
- use search options and tools effectively
- devise effective and efficient search strategies to find conflicting word and device trade marks
- search the Madrid Express database concerning international registrations
Who should attend?
These courses are designed for intellectual property and trade marks professionals, trade mark attorney staff, business owners and individuals who are seeking to improve their searching techniques on the database. These courses cater for all levels - beginners to advance.
Who will present?
Your trainers are experienced Trade Marks Examiners with expertise in trade marks searching using the ATMOSS and Madrid Express databases. They are also experienced in facilitating these short courses.
How will it run?
Courses are run over two full days and include intensive training from basic to advanced levels. The training is both participative and interactive, in small classes of between six to twelve participants.
2015 Training Schedule
All training sessions are full day - 9.00am to 5.00pm:
A review is currently being conducted of the Trade Marks short course and therefore we are not running any courses until it is complete
Where is the training held?
Cliftons Training Facility in each capital city except for Canberra where the training is held on the premises of IP Australia at 47 Bowes St, Woden, ACT.
How much does it cost?
Two day course (GST inclusive):
- $550 for Canberra
- $1100 for all other capital cities
How do I enrol?
Payment is required two weeks prior to the commencement of the course. Late registrations may be accepted, please contact us on 1300 65 1010.
Customised business training
If your business is interested in having our trainers conduct the course at your premises, please contact the Customer Service Centre on 1300 65 1010 for further information. A detailed quote for training will be provided upon request.
IP Australia reserves the right to cancel the course if minimum numbers required to run the course are not achieved. In this event a full refund or offer to attend a course at a later date will be made. Full refund or transfer to another course will also be given if cancellation is received two weeks prior to the course. Unfortunately no refund can be made after that date, however a substitute delegate would be welcome. Please note that full payment is required before the seminar commences.
- Introduction - publications, participants, objectives
- ATMOSS - Overview, classification/surnames/pharmaceutical, image terms, enquiries/results/extracts, customising screens
- Madrid - searching database
- Indexing - components of word and device trade marks
- Word Marks - search options, combining searches, search tools/wild cards
- Search strategies - search tools/wild cards, handling large results
- Word Marks - review, advanced strategies, exercises
- Device Marks - Introduction, glossary, device search options, search strategies, advanced searching, new kinds of signs, combination word & device marks
- Combination marks - advanced
- Searching, exercises
Last Updated: 09/4/2015