Why use IP
IP rights are an incentive to encourage and reward innovation. They provide a competitive advantage and can also form an important asset on the balance sheet of a business. Learn more about the value and qualities of these rights.
- IP rights at a glance - There are various types of IP protection available, with differing terms of protection, application requirements and benefits.
- The value of IP rights - IP rights can encourage and reward innovation and represent a valuable business asset providing competitive advantage.
- Attributes of IP rights - like a piece of physical property, IP rights are owned and can be transferred via a sale or licensing deal.
- They offer protection and can act as a deterrent to would be infringers.
- They provide exclusivity and can be used to protect different aspects of a product or service in different countries.
Last Updated: 12/12/2012