Why use IP
Intellectual Property (IP) rights encourage and reward innovation. They provide a competitive advantage and can be an important asset on the balance sheet of a business. Learn more about the value and qualities of these rights.
- IP rights at a glance - There are various types of IP protection available, with differing terms of protection, application requirements and benefits.
- The value of IP rights - IP rights can be a valuable business asset and provide a distinct competitive advantage.
- Attributes of IP rights - like a piece of physical property, IP rights are owned and can be sold or licensed.
- IP rights offer protection and can deter infringement.
- IP rights provide exclusivity and can be used to protect different aspects of a product or service in different countries.
Last Updated: 31/7/2015