Enable IP Australia to meet its accountability requirements to the Australian Government by providing an effective history of transactions and decisions made in relation to managing IP Australia’s workforce.
All information associated with managing IP Australia’s human resources. The information held includes:
• Individual staff employment histories
• Details on the establishment of positions in IP Australia
• Performance management
• Individual staff education and training histories (including studybank)
• Attendance and leave
• Disciplinary and grievance matters
• Workplace health and safety
• Personal security information
• Individual’s personal and work contact details
• HR management reporting information
Access and Security
The public may access to human resource management records via freedom of information, depending on whether the record is exempt from access. The majority of human resource management records would be exempt under freedom of information (except for former employees seeking access to their own records).
Access to human resource management information is limited to staff accessing their own records and to staff who have a need to know (generally human resource management staff responsible for the function). Human resource management information is either For Official Use Only or Sensitive: Personal.