Working with us
IP Australia is a Government agency with a passion for bright ideas. We offer a flexible workplace and rewarding career paths in the IP industry.
If you get excited by creativity, innovation and breakthrough technologies, you should consider applying for a job at with us. We offer stimulating jobs with strong career paths in the exciting and fast-growing world of Intellectual Property.
We encourage work-life balance too, which means that while you work hard, there is also flexibility for you to spend time doing the things you like to do, outside of work.
It is a requirement of working with us that you uphold the Australian Public Service Values and Code of Conduct in carrying out your day-to-day responsibilities.
We provide equal opportunity to employees through our Workplace Diversity Program and encourage applications from Indigenous peoples.
Your wellbeing is important to us. The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 requires us to protect employees and contractors from workplace hazards. As such, we have:
- a no-smoking policy
- a zero-tolerance approach to harassment, discrimination and workplace bullying.
We provide staff with access to a range of programs to support them in the workplace and balance their work and personal commitments. These include:
- flu vaccinations
- annual heath assessments
- skin checks
- lunchtime seminars on a range of health and wellbeing topics
- flexible work arrangements
- breastfeeding friendly workplace
We offer the Public Sector Superannuation Scheme, managed by ComSuper. The IP Australia employer contribution to the default superannuation fund (PSSAP) is 15.4 per cent.
Our employment conditions are very competitive and include:
- ongoing professional development such as leadership programs, talent management, study assistance, in-house training programs
- flexible working hours (available after the successful completion of training)
- four weeks' recreation leave per year
- up to four weeks' personal leave per year
- a range of family friendly policies
- cost-effective on-site parking, allocated on a ballot basis
- salary packaging options
- an office shut down between Christmas and New Year's Day.
Our Enterprise Agreement
Our Enterprise Agreement is struck between our management bargaining representatives and employee bargaining representatives, and follows a consultation and negotiation process.
The outcome of the staff vote held in December 2015 resulted in the draft enterprise agreement not being accepted and as a result, our current 2011–14 Enterprise Agreement remains in place.
Work is continuing on a new draft enterprise agreement.
Our Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Plan guides the organisation's future direction so it can continue to fulfil its purpose to deliver a world leading intellectual property system that builds prosperity for Australians.
A great place to live and work
Most of our positions are in Canberra. Many people consider relocating from all over Australia to live and work in the nation's capital and experience the unique lifestyle it has to offer.