Position Title: Service Centre Team Leader
Classification: APS 6
Position Number: 5094
Section: Business Engagement and Systems | Business Engagement | Service Centre
Group: Innovation & Technology Group
Division: Policy and Corporate
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Level 1
Security Classification: BASELINE
The role of the Innovation and Technology Group (ITG) is to deliver and manage IP Australia’s Information and Technology capabilities to enable its business.
Business Engagement & Systems (including the Service Centre) is the main interface between ITG and the other groups within IP Australia.
Job Description / Context of the Role
Business Engagement & Systems are looking for a Team Leader to join the Service Centre on an ongoing basis. The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Service Desk or Help Desk Team Leader level (at least one year) and have an appreciation for genuine leadership and outstanding customer focus.
Job Specific Duties
As Team Leader, you will participate in tasks within a client-focused team providing development, enhancement, implementation and support services for business and information technology systems.
Under limited direction from the Service Centre Manager, you will:
- Provide genuine and high quality Team Leadership to the Service Centre, backing up the Service Centre Manager when required;
- Provide a Level 2 escalation point for all Service Centre Analysts – escalating to Level 2 / 3 support teams within ITG and other business areas when required;
- Assist in the drive of the ITG and IP Australia Service Level Agreement;
- Take ownership of all VIP support Incidents / Requests;
- Take ownership of the Service Centre Asset Management process;
- Manage Service Centre Analyst’s ACHIEVE plans and Aurion timesheets;
- Demonstrate attitudes and behaviours responsive to workplace change (including participate in and encourage others to participate in change and contribute to successful outcomes);
- Improve organisational performance through effective engagement with and management of risk within relevant sphere of influence;
- Establish clear expectations and create an environment to achieve stated goals and objectives, take ownership and honours commitments;
- Maintain an understanding of their / worker responsibilities under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) and a commitment to promoting a healthy and safe workplace.
Job Specific Capabilities
- People management is essential. Ability to understand the goings on through day to day interactions with the team you lead;
- Take ownership of the asset management process. Making sure that all Service Centre staff adhere to the relevant IP Australia asset management policy and procedures;
- Experience in technical administration and troubleshooting across a wide range of IT platforms including Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016/365, Citrix, Exchange, SCCM and Azure. Technical administration/troubleshooting abilities of Cisco Jabber at Level 1/2 would be advantageous;
- Ability to perform at the APS 6 level as per the APSC ILS;
- Understanding of the ISO 9001 quality standard;
- Baseline security clearance.
- Desirable personal attributes
- A real desire to help people;
- Enjoys leading from the front;
- Is collaborative;
- Strong ability to work under pressure;
- ITIL v3 Service Management certification;
- At least one years’ worth of demonstrated (with clear references) Team Leader experience in an IT Service Centre/Service Desk/Helpdesk environment.
Applicants are required to submit a one-page pitch (maximum 1000 words) outlining your experience and achievements relevant to the advertised position, required capabilities and CV detailing recent employment history and referee details.
Applications must be submitted through the IP Australia Web Recruitment system (ESS).
Please note: you MUST be an Australian Citizen to be engaged in the APS and to meet IP Australia’s security clearance requirements.
For further information pertaining to this job please contact Tom McConchie on (02) 6225 6146
Working in IP Australia
Australia’s Intellectual property (IP) rights system supports innovation, investment and international competitiveness. IP Australia administers Australia’s IP rights system, specifically patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder’s rights. IP Australia also undertakes programs to educate and promote an awareness of intellectual property (IP), provides IP policy input to Government, develops legislation to support the IP system and contributes to bilateral and multilateral negotiations to improve IP protection internationally.
IP Australia strives to deliver robust IP rights efficiently, satisfy our customers in terms of timeliness and value for money and be recognised as one of the leading IP offices in the world for the quality (including accuracy and consistency) of the IP rights we grant. IP Australia is committed to external certification of our Quality Management System which involves applying ISO 9001:2008 to key business processes and to environmental management through ISO14001 certification within the agency.
All IP Australia staff contribute to the achievement of organisational outcomes and the overall management of IP Australia by assisting, as appropriate, the Commissioner of Patents and the Registrars of Trade Marks and Designs and Plant Breeder’s Rights, and their deputies (where relevant), to perform statutory functions, and where appropriate, exercise relevant delegations.
IP Australia recognises the importance of employees balancing their work and personal lives by offering staff access to an ongoing series of health and wellbeing programs, flexible work-life policies and a range of professional development programs. IP Australia is a breastfeeding friendly workplace.
The IP Australia office in Canberra provides high quality accommodation and facilities. These include: an on-site café, conference, meeting and training rooms; limited on-site parking for cars and motor cycles available on a rotational basis; the provision of undercover bicycle racks; excellent shower/change facilities for staff choosing to walk or ride to work; and the advantage of all staff being co-located in the one building.
Please note: All IP Australia positions are subject to an ENTRY ONLY pre-employment check unless a higher security clearance has been identified. Other pre-employment checks may also apply.