In support of government policy, we encourage applications from Indigenous peoples.
We work collaboratively with the Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) to increase Indigenous representation in the Australian Public Service. See the APSC website for more information on Indigenous employment opportunities in the APS.
We are committed to embedding acknowledgement of and respect for Australia’s First Peoples and are constantly looking for ways to increase the numbers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff in our organisation.
In order to do this, some of the activities we have done so far include:
- job application forms being revised to assist in identifying Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage
- advertising on Indigenous job boards across Australia
- targeting Indigenous University graduates at career fairs
- liaising with Indigenous Student Associations at a number of Universities nationally
- participation in the APS Indigenous entry level programs including the Indigenous Pathway Programs and the Indigenous Australian Government Development Program
- refreshing the IP Australia Reconciliation Action Plan to increase employment opportunities in IP Australia for Indigenous Australians.