Applying for vacancies
To apply for vacancies with IP Australia, you must be an Australian citizen, unless other requirements are listed in the vacancy.
Before you can apply for a vacancy, or set up a job alert, you will need to sign in or register as a new user in our web recruitment system using a valid email address.
If a vacancy is not currently available in your preferred area of employment, you can register to be alerted via email if a position becomes available in the future.
We have a non-ongoing temporary employment register which is the place to register your interest in working for IP Australia when we don't currently have exactly the role you are looking for but you feel your skills and experience could really match our business and you want to be on our radar should the right opportunity come along in the near future. We are always keen to hear from talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Apply from our current vacancies, temporary registers section.
Please note: If you experience any difficulties using the web recruitment system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date of the vacancy.
Below we have some information about our application process, including:
- Make sure you check the eligibility criteria for each position.
- After reviewing the position and application requirements, you are encouraged to speak to the contact officer to determine if the role will suit your skills and capabilities.
- Ensure you have a current resume and details of two referees. Ideally, one of the referees should be your current supervisor.
- When a written application is required:
- draft and edit your application in a separate document, check the word count and spelling, and then copy and paste into the Web Recruitment system; and
- the Australian Public Service Commission provides advice on addressing selection criteria.
- You can 'save and close' at any time during the application process, but your application will not be considered unless you 'submit'. You will not be able to submit your application if you have missed any mandatory questions.
- You may 'recall' an application and edit up until the closing date. Make sure you then 'submit' it again.
- You can see the status of your application when you are signed in.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is completed by the closing date and time specified in the advertisement.
Your online application may be accessed by you and employees within IP Australia who manage recruitment. Enquiries about any of IP Australia's job opportunities should be directed to the contact officer named in the advertisement.
It is important to read the Job Documentation carefully and, before you start your application, preview the Application Form to confirm the requirements for submitting the application.
To be eligible for ongoing employment, applicants must be Australian Citizens. Only direct applications from individuals will be accepted.
Hearing impaired applicants may utilise the National Relay Service on 133677 (TTY) or 1300 555 727 (Speak and Listen) to speak with the contact officer for the position.
In most instances you will be required to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria/key skills/capabilities. This will be the most important part of your application, as the information provided will be used to shortlist applicants for interview/further assessment. The following points will assist you with preparing this statement:
- Use the selection criterion/key skills/capabilities as your headings.
- Provide an outline of your experience/abilities/skills for each.
- It is not sufficient to make 'claims' - you need to demonstrate clearly that you satisfy the skills/capabilities to the level required. Use examples of achievements which can be verified by a referee. Only include relevant information, outlining your achievements against that particular criterion.
- Be concise.
You will be asked to nominate two referees and their contact numbers in your application. Ideally one of the referees will be your current supervisor.