What you can expect from us
- provide quality and timely support for IP right application, examination and hearings in the timeframes outlined below.
- give at least 12 weeks’ notice before implementing a change in our fees.
- make payment to small business vendors within 30 days of a correctly rendered invoice being received.
- regularly measure customers' level of satisfaction with our products and services and the results will be used to improve how we work with you.
- advise job applicants of the outcome of selection processes within eight weeks of the closing date for submission of applications.
- ensure our online lodgement services are available 99.5% of the time during business hours and 90% of the time after hours.
- provide notification to our customers of any planned disruption to online lodgement service four working days in advance through a variety of communication channels
- treat you with professionalism, courtesy and respect.
How you can help us
Recognising and understanding that the provision of customer service support is a two way process, we appreciate your assistance in helping us provide you with a high standard of service by:
- utilising our online tools and resources when doing business with us
- providing us with timely and accurate information that is necessary for us to provide support and advice in relation to your IP needs
- working with us to solve problems
- having a realistic expectation of our services
- treating us with courtesy and respect.
Tell us how we are doing
We value your feedback. It provides us with information that helps us to refine and improve our service for the benefit of all our customers.
If we’ve exceeded your expectations
It is important to know what works well. By telling us when you have received excellent customer service and what we got right, it helps us to recognise the efforts of our people and to ensure we replicate best practice across the agency.
If we don't meet your expectations
We are committed to ensuring all complaints received are taken seriously and handled efficiently, fairly and confidentially. If the service received does not meet expectations, we ask that you tell us as soon as possible.
Complaints can be made either verbally or in writing. All written complaints should be logged via the contact us form available on our website. We will provide a considered response within 15 working days to your complaint or suggestion if you provide your contact details.
Our quality and service commitments
Our full product quality standards are available through the Quality Management section of our website.
We list high level categorisations and measures for:
- patents service level commitments
- trade marks service level commitments
- designs service level commitments
- plant breeder's rights service level commitments.
We publish quarterly reports on our performance against these quality standards.