What we do
We collaborate with business and the Australian government to register and administer IP rights and legislation for patents, trade marks, designs and PBR.
Our vision is to have a world-leading Australian IP system that builds prosperity through innovation. To achieve this, we aim to give our customers efficient access to products and services so they can continue to innovate.
Our corporate plan
Our corporate plan sets our direction for the year and shows how we'll continue to effectively administer IP rights and legislation for trade marks, patents, design rights and PBR in Australia.
View our corporate plan
As the administrators of IP rights and legislation in Australia, we're responsible for:
- Administering and registering patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder’s rights (PBR)
- Registering patent and trade mark attorneys
- Educating our customers on the role of IP in their business
- Providing advice to the Australian government for improving the IP rights system both domestically and internationally.
Our portfolio and ministers
We fall within the Department of Industry, Science and Resources as a listed entity under the
Our Minister is the Hon Ed Husic MP.
Financial statements and reporting
Audit Committee Charter
The Audit Committee Charter lays out our Audit Committee's:
- Composition and tenure
- Roles and responsibilities
- Reporting and administrative arrangements.