At a glance
Policy ID: 23
While the Designs Act allows for the Seal of the Designs Office to be kept electronically, which means that IP Australia can supply electronic certified copies to our customers, the Patents and Trade Marks Acts do not.
Allowing patent and trade mark seals to be kept and used in electronic form would further streamline the provision of certified copies to customers.
- Policy development 04-Sept-2017
- Legislative drafting 26-Mar-2018
- Consultation 23-Jul-2018 to 31-Aug-2018
- Legislative drafting 1-Sep-2018
- In Parliament 25-Jul-2019
- Royal Assent 26-Feb-2020
- Completed 26-Feb-2020
This item is included in the Intellectual Property Laws Amendment (Productivity Commission Response Part 2 and Other Measures) Act 2020 which commences on 27 February 2020.