At a glance
Policy ID: 61
In its 2015 Review of the Designs System in Australia, the former Advisory Council on Intellectual Property (ACIP) recommended that the status of a design right during the grace period for payment of the renewal fee be clarified as proposed in IP Australia’s streamlining proposals in 2015. The government accepted the recommendation in May 2016.
- On hold 04-Sept-2017
- Policy Development 01-Jul-2019
- Consultation 31-Oct-2019 to 20-Dec-2019
- Policy development 20-Dec-2019
- On hold 12-May-2020
- Legislative drafting 28-Aug-2020 to 02-Dec-2020
- In Parliament 02-Dec-2020 to 30 August 2021
- Royal Assent 10 September 2021
- Completed 10 September 2021
This issue is included in the Designs Amendment (Advisory Council on Intellectual Property Response) Act 2021 which received Royal Assent on 10 September 2021.