Each new idea, new decision and new action spreads inspiration, enables imagination and releases creative energy world-wide! World Creativity and Innovation Week is from April 15 to 21 and aims to encourage and remind people to use their creativity to innovate and solve world problems.
World Creativity and Innovation Day is celebrated on April 21 each year. Show your presence and support of new thinking and new futures by celebrating World Creativity and Innovation Week and Day and use innovation to make the world a better place.
What is innovation and why is it important?
Innovation occurs when you change or create more effective processes, products and ideas.
IP rights encourage and reward this creativity and innovation to provide a number of competitive advantages for their owners.
Innovation drives productivity growth and can be a key differentiator between market leaders and their rivals. Innovation provides new ways of working, higher standards of performance and quality and provides financial, environmental and social benefits for Australia’s economy.
How does IP help innovation?
IP rights serve as an incentive to innovate by providing IP owners with the time and opportunity to exploit and commercialise their creation. If you have a new invention, brand, design or idea then an IP right can prevent other people from copying or using that idea.
By granting IP rights, we help to create a secure environment for investment in innovation.
- Partner with World Creativity and Innovation Week and spread the word.
- Our Chief Economist discusses why innovation is important and how IP helps innovation in our video series.
- Join IP Australia on Facebook to get the latest IP updates delivered straight to your news feed.
- On Twitter? Follow us @IPAustralia.
- Follow @WorldCreativity and use the hashtag #wciw2017 to join the conversation.
- Stay informed - sign up to our free email updates, to receive our latest news directly to your inbox.