How trade marks can help your business
Almost every business has a trade mark of some sort – in its words, logos or slogans, or a combination. Our trade marks workshop explains the basics behind trade mark protection and helps you understand how to register for trade mark protection.
What you will learn at this workshop
- The basics of IP – overview of the registered IP – patents, trade marks, designs
- The basics of copyright and trade secrets
- Understanding IP within your business plan, marketing and contracts
- Trade marks – what are they and what can be trade marked?
- The difference between business names, domain names and trade marks
- What to consider before you invest in your brand
- The trade mark application process
- What to consider with international trade mark registration
Please bring your laptop or tablet. Access to wifi and light refreshments provided