IP Australia will be offering a design workshop via webinar. Please register on our Eventbrite page. The link is on the page and Eventbrite will remind you half an hour before the event so you remember to participate.
How IP can help your business
For many start-up businesses and entrepreneurs, IP is the difference between success and failure. Competing with larger established businesses requires new and disruptive innovation. Much of that creativity and innovation can be protected with registered IP like design rights for the way a product looks, patents for inventions and trade marks for brands.
Here’s what you can expect
Focussing on designs, the workshop will give you an awareness of how to protect your product with a registered design. You will also learn the basics of Intellectual Property and gain an understanding of the design application process.
What you will learn at this workshop
- The basics of IP - overview of the Registered IP - Designs
- The basics of copyright and trade secrets
- The difference between copyright and design rights
- Understand the different types of design protection
- Pre-application information
- Understand the filing requirements for an Australian design application
- Registration versus certification