We know that start-ups are abuzz with creativity and innovation and thinking about intellectual property (IP) management can often seem like a waste of precious time and money. However, finding ways to protect your IP is one of the best investments you can make in the long run, even with financial and time pressures.
How IP can help your business
For many startup businesses and entrepreneurs, IP is the difference between success and failure. Competing with larger established businesses requires new and disruptive innovation. Much of that creativity and innovation can be protected with registered IP like designs for the way a product looks, patents for inventions and trade marks for brands.
Here’s what you can expect
Focussing on designs, the workshop will give you an awareness of how to protect your product with a registered design. Also the tools you need to help you understand the basics of Intellectual Property and help you understand the design application process.
What you will learn at this workshop
• The basics of IP - overview of the Registered IP - Designs
• The basics of copyright and trade secrets
• The difference between copyright and design
• Understand the different types of design protection
• Pre-application information
• Understand the filing requirements for an Australian design application
• Registration v certification