Join us for an introduction to trade mark webinar at 12:00pm on Wednesday 25 April 2018.
Register for this event via Eventbrite and click 'Add to Calendar' to receive an event invitation.
Trade marks for start-ups
Are you starting a business? Or developing a new product or service? Do you know the difference between a registered business name and a trade mark?
How trade marks can help your business
Almost every business has a trade mark of some sort - in its words, logos or slogans, or a combination. Our trade marks workshop explains the basics behind trade mark protection and helps you understand how to register for trade mark protection.
What you will learn at this workshop
- The basics of IP - overview of the Registered IP - Patents, Trade Marks, Designs
- The basics of copyright and trade secrets
- Understanding IP within your business plan, marketing and contracts
- Trade marks – what are they and what can be trade marked?
- The difference between business names, domain names and trade marks
- What to consider before you invest in your brand
- The trade mark application process