How will this assist you?
- by providing you with fast and immediate access to the electronic version of your patent certificates from our eDossier facility
- by providing you with the option of printing and storing your certificates
- by avoiding issues around loss or damage of certificates sent via post
What is going to change?
- if you are currently an electronic channel customer, you will receive patent certificates electronically
- if you are a non-electronic channel customer, you will receive a printed copy of your certificate on plain paper
- the Commissioner’s name and signature that currently appears on the certificates will be removed
Authenticity of certificates
The Australian Patents Register will continue to be the source of truth to authenticate the validity of your intellectual property (IP) right. A note to this effect will appear in the footer of the certificate.
Will there be a fee charged for this service?
There is no fee associated with the issuing of electronic certificates.
When will this happen?
We anticipate that the electronic certificates for patents will be implemented in late June 2015.
Did you know?
You can now order a commemorative version of your certificate for your IP right.