We are pleased to announce the introduction of electronic certificates for patents to our electronic channel customers. This is an expansion of the electronic correspondence delivery capability that is currently in place for patent correspondence.
This new service is another example of our ongoing commitment to improve administration of IP rights that enhances customer experience.
How will this assist you?
- fast and immediate access to the electronic version of your patent certificates from our eDossier facility
- offers customers the flexibility to print and store certificates as desired
- avoids issues around loss or damage of certificates sent via post.
What is going to change?
- if you are an electronic channel customer, you will receive patent certificates electronically
- if you are a non-electronic channel customer, you will receive a printed copy of your certificates on plain paper
- the Commissioner’s name and signature will no longer appear on the certificates.
Authenticity of certificates
The Australian Official Journal of Patents will continue to be the source of truth to authenticate the validity of your IP Right. A note to this effect will appear in the footer of the certificate.
Will there be a fee charged for this service?
No, there is no fee associated with issuing of electronic certificates.
Also, did you know?
You can now order commemorative certificates for your IP Rights. We have engaged a third party provider, Fresh Creative, to provide this service.