IP Australia is undergoing a large technology upgrade for trade marks, taking place from Friday 9 November to Tuesday 13 November 2018 (AEDT). During this, you will still be able to apply for an IP Right using our alternative lodgement service.
We will enable the Alternate Lodgement Service (ALS) for B2B from 1pm Friday 9 November to 9am Tuesday 13 November 2018 (AEDT). Customers can continue to use the B2B system throughout the downtime.
- Transaction ID’s from this system will start with a ‘9’. Files will be stored off-site and processed when the outage is finished.
- Acknowledgement and validation responses will be sent after the ALS submissions have been manually processed. Please note delays in processing are to be expected.
- The Alternate Lodgement Service (ALS) for the eServices portal will be available from 5pm Friday 9 November to 9am Tuesday 13 November 2018 (AEDT). Customers can continue to use the eServices portal throughout the downtime.
Please ensure your processing staff are advised of this upgrade. We strongly encourage you to consider how this may impact your usual processing times and due dates and, where possible, aim to submit your requests prior to this downtime.
The majority of the changes will be to our internal systems, however there will be some changes that may impact you. Some of the changes include:
- time frames for receiving/amending ‘Notices of filing’ for new applications
- menu and forms in eServices
- Australian Trade Mark Search
- changes to our electronic correspondence.
More information on the upgrade and changes.