Australia’s Startup Weekend for Health will bring together a variety of skills and thinking from health innovators, clinicians, technologists and designers for an intense weekend to create new grass roots solutions in healthcare.
Participants will take an idea, form teams, validate and build a business, and then pitch it to judges. It’s a great way to have people with varying skills concentrate on an idea and have it transform into a real concept through collaboration and mentor support.
We are passionate about innovation and want to help five lucky go-getters take part in this year’s Startup Weekend for Health.
To enter the competition, follow us on Twitter @IPAustralia and tweet about why intellectual property (IP) rights are important. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #startupIP #IPAustralia .
Terms and conditions
- The prize includes a ‘sponsored participant’ entry to Startup Weekend Health. This includes full participation for the weekend: pitching, mentoring, meals and snacks, use of facilities and a new amazing network of collaborators).
- Winners must be able to fund their travel and accommodation in Woolloongabba, Brisbane.
- Each valid entrant will be judged by staff from IP Australia’s Strategic Communications section. The judges will select the winning entry, based on the most creative, informative or useful comment.
- Entrants can provide multiply entries, however each entry must be new content.
- Winners will be notified by close of business on Friday 4 March 2016.
- Any entry that includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, will be disqualified.
Get tweeting now!