At a glance
Policy ID: 91
Schedule 2 of the Designs Regulations contains a number of requirements based on IP Australia’s previous system of paper filing, for example, requirements in relation to fitness for reproduction, separate sheets, etc. As over 99% of design applications are filed electronically, these requirements are no longer necessary.
- Identified for action 08-Aug-2019
- Consultation 31-Oct-2019 to 20-Dec-2019
- Policy development 20-Dec-2019 to 12-May-2020
- Legislative drafting 12-May-2020 to 23-Jul-2020
- Consultation 23-Jul-2020 to 28-Aug-2020
- Legislative drafting 28-Aug-2020 to 02-Dec-2020
- In Parliament 02-Dec-2020 to 30 August 2021
- Royal Assent 10 September 2021
- Completed 10 September 2021
This issue is included in the Designs Amendment (Advisory Council on Intellectual Property Response) Act 2021 which received Royal Assent on 10 September 2021.