At a glance
Policy ID: 87
Priority: No priority assigned
The wording of item 404 of the Patent Regulations is unaligned with the schedule of fees under PCT regulations.
- Policy Development 4 September 2017
- Legislative drafting 26 March 2018
- Consultation 16 November 2018 to 21 December 2018
- Legislative drafting 22 December 2018
- Legislation registered 25 March 2019
- Completed 25 March 2019
The issue was addressed by an amendment in the Intellectual Property Laws Amendment (PCT Translations and Other Measures) Regulations 2019 Schedule 2 Part 2.
The amendment was accorded high priority, as it ensures ongoing consistency with the fee reduction criteria in the schedule of fees set out in the PCT rules without further need to update the Patents Regulations.