Have your say
We're currently seeking your input on proposals to improve the Australian design rights system. This work aims to ensure it:
- Remains modern and accessible
- Drives innovation
- Delivers greater benefits to the Australian economy.
Our consultation covers three topics:
- Virtual designs — the protection of non-physical and active-state designs (including screen displays, screen icons and graphical user interfaces [GUIs])
- Partial designs — the protection of only part of a product made in one piece
- Incremental designs — the protection of designs as they evolve during the design process.
These changes form the second part of a two-stage program of designs reform to enhance designs protection in Australia.
Closing 13 August 2023
To find out more and have your say, check out our consultation hub.