Community Legal Centres Australia (CLC) is a representative body for the community legal sector, in particular community legal centres across Australia.
CLC is a non-profit organisation established to support the community legal sector and ensure provision of free and accessible legal and related services to everyday people, including people experiencing discrimination and disadvantage. Members are the State and Territory peak bodies of community legal centres. Together, our organisations represent more than 170 community legal centres, Family Violence Prevention Legal Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Services across Australia.
The certification trade mark indicates that the provider has:
- Full membership of a State or Territory Association of CLCs
- Compliance with the National Risk Management Guide or an alternative risk management program or scheme.
- Compliance with the relevant Service Standards related to:
- Advice and Casework
- Community Legal Education
- Law and Policy Reform Activities
- Promotion and commitment to human rights principles
- Organisational and Financial Management
- Assessing Client Satisfaction and Managing Complaints