A CTS-I installs and maintains AV systems by following specifications, schematics, codes and safety protocols; administering installation process logistics; troubleshooting and problem solving systems; maintaining tools and equipment; and communicating with clients, designers, other trades, other installers and staff to provide the best AV solutions for client's needs, on time and within budget.
In summary, the certification requirements for CTS-I are:
- be at least 18 years of age or otherwise of legal after to work at the time of submitting the application
- hold current certification as a general CTS and be in good standing with the Certification Committee by not having any sanctions or pending investigation
- verify a minimum of two years of AV industry experience
- provide verification of attainment of skills in the following technical areas: termination, rack build, projector set up and installation, audio setup and EQ, mounting equipment and customer service relations
- complete the application for CTS-I certification, including payment of the required fee
- pass the InfoComm CTS-I exam
- comply with CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and Disciplinary Policies
Individuals who have completed and complied with the above certification requirements as set out in clause 2.2(a) to (g) above shall be deemed to have met the certification requirements for CTS-I.