The National Tourism Accreditation Framework was developed by government and industry to promote quality experiences for tourism consumers be recognising sustainable and capable tourism operators nationally. This framework provides the opportunity for existing quality and accreditation programs and large tourism organisations with an internal quality assurance system in place to come together under one umbrella and apply for T-QUAL Accreditation.
T-QUAL Accreditation promotes quality customer experiences by:
- Promoting and marketing the quality message to customers
- Licensing eligible Australian organisations that operate in a tourism or tourism related industry and either run an accreditation Program or apply a Quality Standard to their national operations
- Providing a framework for promoting and recognising quality Australian tourism services
- Demonstrating that Australia takes tourism seriously and is committed to continuous improvement
- Bringing together diverse stakeholder from across a wide range of industry sectors
- Providing a forum for discussion about what quality means and how it can be achieved.