The objectives of the program are to:
- Build homes that can be carbon neutral;
- Improve the supply of energy-efficient homes that are naturally more comfortable in winter and summer and enhance the health and wellbeing of occupants;
- Increase consumer demand for energy-efficient homes;
- Achieve energy efficiencies and greenhouse gas savings in the residential building sector;
- Promote sustainable design; and
- Establish a robust and reliable environmental performance rating system for newly built homes.
The rules governing the use of this registration certify that:
TOMORROW LIVING Homes must meet the requirements of the specification. This is a two-step process that covers (a) design; and (b) as-built verification.
a. Design: The applicant is required to demonstrate that the home design submitted for certification achieves the NatHERS rating and achieves a 100% or better ZNC Design Rating using the ZNC Design Tool.
b. As-built verification: Once built, the home will be audited against the Design Ratings and tested against the ABV requirements of the Specification by the as-built verifier to ensure that the design and construction are consistent and compliant with the NatHERS rating, ZNC Design Rating and ABV requirements of the Specification.