Trade mark number:
The Cameo Ham trade mark was established by the Australian Pork Corporation to certify that ham products have been prepared and labelled according to the Food Standards Code 1987.
Cameo Ham shall be prepared and labelled according to the Food Standards Code 1987. Smoked, full, muscled, boneless leg ham specifications:
- Origin - Notwithstanding any amendment to the Food Standards Code or other legislation governing the sale of pork in Australia, the goods shall be of Australian origin.
- Weight Range - The weight range for Cameo Ham shall be 400 grams to 1200
- Fat Content - The Cameo Ham product shall have a maximum chemical fat
content of 5%.
- Salt Content - The Cameo Ham product shall have a maximum salt content of
2%. Manufacturers who produce and label a low salt Cameo Ham shall ensure that the maximum salt content is 1%.
- Shape and Appearance - The Cameo Ham shall have a "natural" shape and avoid any connotation with the consumers' perception of having been "processed", "manufactured" or "pressed-. A roundish/oval shape is acceptable and there can be some irregularity to this shape. The appearance of a skin-on product is preferred, with netting indentations. Actual netting is optional. A skin-on product, and thus the appearance of a skin-on product, is thought by consumers to keep the ham fresher and give it an authentic and real ham appearance. Colour shall be pinkish, because this denotes that the ham is fresh and natural.
492376.pdf in PDF format [1008.31 KB]