In order to apply for certification under the Mongolian Pure Cashmere trade mark applicants must:
- submit an application that includes a narrative of control procedures that pertain to quality.
- show proof of the purchase of Mongolian origin cashmere e.g a certificate of origin from the Mongolian Chamber of Commerce of invoice from a Society approved re-seller of Mongolian cashmere.
- send a product fibre sample of inspection and testing by the owner for each new product for which approval is requested.
- submit proposed product labelling as pertaining to fibre content.
- agree to spot checks of production facilities, raw material storage and processing facilities and random sampling of manufactured products off the shelf.
- pay an application fee which covers cost of product testing, spot checks and enforcement.