- IP customer converts IP rights requests into XML-format, based on the schema supplied by IP Australia. A case management tool or front end application developed by the IP customer manages this conversion.
- When ready to send a request, the IP customer sends a request to IP Australia to obtain a transaction id.
- IP Australia validates the user and returns a unique transaction id.
- The IP customer packages the request as a zip file, together with manifest and names the zip file according to the transaction id provided by IP Australia.
- The IP customer places the zip file in the MFT folder. MFT creates a signed hash file. MFT automatically transmits the zip file and signed file to IP Australia.
- IP Australia verifies receipt of the batch and performs security and other checks.
- IP Australia returns an acknowledgement to the IP customer that the request was received.
- IP Australia validates each request and calculates the fee for each.
- IP Australia returns a validity report to the IP customer.
- IP Australia completes the direct debit processing and passes the requests to IP Australia’s business area for processing.
4 April 2016