Delivering a world leading IP system
We are the Australian Government agency that administers intellectual property (IP) rights and legislation relating to patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder's rights. We are a listed entity within the Department of Industry and Science.
Here at IP Australia we celebrate and support the bright ideas and inventive spirit of Australians. By contributing to the improvement of Australian and international IP systems, we are supporting Australia’s economic development.
By granting IP rights, we help to:
- create a secure environment for investment in innovation
- enable firms to build brand value and business reputation
- encourage the disclosure of inventions
- encourage the transfer of knowledge and technology
- provide a legal framework for trading intellectual assets
We focus on ensuring that:
- the Australian IP system meets business needs
- the international IP system meets the needs of Australians
- our people work together in an environment where we continually learn in order to succeed
- we provide our customers with quality services that meet their needs
- our operations are cost effective.
Last Updated: 24/7/2015