IP Australia is the Australian Government agency that administers intellectual property (IP) rights and legislation relating to patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder's rights. We are a prescribed agency within the Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education.
By granting IP rights, we help to:
- create a secure environment for investment in innovation
- enable firms to build brand value and business reputation
- encourage the disclosure of inventions and the transfer of knowledge and technology
- provide a legal framework for trading intellectual assets
We focus on ensuring that:
- the Australian IP system meets business needs
- the international IP system meets the needs of Australians
- our people work together in an environment where we continually learn in order to succeed
- we provide our customers with quality services that meet their needs
- our operations are cost effective.
Last Updated: 14/5/2013