In support of government policy, we encourage applications from Indigenous peoples.
We work with the Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) to increase Indigenous representation in the Australian Public Service (APS). See the APSC website for more information on Indigenous employment opportunities in the APS.
This year we are participating in centralised recruitment through the Indigenous Graduate Pathway. As an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander you will be able to complete one application and be considered for multiple agencies and departments within the APS.
Whether you start your career with us, or somewhere else in the APS you will do meaningful work from day one.
We’re committed to embedding acknowledgement of and respect for Australia’s First Peoples. We are looking for ways to increase the numbers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff in our organisation.
Some activities in progress are:
- Revising job application forms to assist in identifying Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
- Advertising on Indigenous job boards across Australia.
- Targeting Indigenous University graduates at career fairs.
- Liaising with Indigenous Student Associations at many Universities.
- Participating in the APS Indigenous entry-level programs. This includes the Indigenous Pathway Programs and the Indigenous Australian Government Development Program.
- Developing IP Australia’s Reconciliation Action Plan.