Our website content
Our website is designed to provide a basic understanding of general intellectual property (IP) principles. It's not intended to provide legal, business or other professional advice.
We accept no legal responsibility regarding the accuracy and reliability of material on this website.
We don't provide legal advice
Our content doesn't include any legal statements or claims, except when quoting specific legislation. Any comments about the law are summaries that might not be comprehensive or complete.
If you're seeking legal details, information or advice, you should:
- Refer to the relevant legislation
- Obtain advice from a qualified professional, such as a solicitor, patent or trade mark attorney.
Seek professional advice
The information on our website is not a substitute for professional advice.
You should seek professional assistance if you:
- Need help or advice regarding your specific circumstances
- Might be affected by foreign IP laws
- Are planning to make commercial decisions regarding your IP.
Third party information
Material on this website may include the views or recommendations of third parties. They don't necessarily reflect our views or indicate our commitment to a particular course of action.
- Give no assurances about the quality, accuracy or relevance of material on any linked site
- Accept no legal responsibility regarding the accuracy and reliability of external material
- Don't endorse any material, associated organisation, product or service on other sites.
Our internal network and databases are protected from unauthorised access through numerous security controls, including:
- A firewall
- Intrusion detection
- Other protection technologies.
However, the internet is an insecure public network. There's always a potential risk that your transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties.
We accept no liability for any interference with or damage to your computer, software or data occurring in connection with this website or its use.
You assume all risks associated with the use of this website, including when:
- Your computer, software or data may be damaged by a virus transmitted or activated via this website or your access to it
- The material on this website and material on linked websites may not comply with the laws, regulations, rules and other legislative instruments in force in Australia or any other country
- Content may not be accurate, current or complete.
If you have any suggestions or questions about this website's content, contact us.