For many start-up businesses and entrepreneurs, IP is the difference between success and failure. Competing with larger established business requires new and disruptive innovation. Much of that creativity and innovation can be protected with registered IP like patents for inventions, trade marks for brands, and designs for the way a product looks.
How trade marks can help your business
Almost every business has a trade mark of some sort – in its words, logos or slogans, or a combination. Our trade marks workshop explains the basics behind trade mark protection and helps you understand how to register for trade mark protection.
What you will learn at this workshop
- The basics of IP – overview of the registered IP – patents, trade marks, designs
- The basics of copyright and trade secrets
- Understanding IP within your business plan, marketing and contracts
- Trade marks – what are they and what can be trade marked?
- The difference between business names, domain names and trade marks
- What to consider before you invest in your brand
- The trade mark application process
- What to consider with international trade mark registration