Understanding Trade Marks - Webinar
Tuesday, August 21, 2018 -
12:00 to 13:00
We know that start-ups are abuzz with creativity and innovation and thinking about intellectual property (IP) management can often seem like a waste of precious time and money. However, finding ways to protect your IP is one of the best investments you can make in the long run, even with financial and time pressures.
Trade marks for start-ups
Are you starting a business? Or developing a new product or service? Do you know the difference between a registered business name and a trade mark?
How trade marks can help your business
Almost every business has a trade mark of some sort - in its words, logos or slogans, or a combination. Our trade marks workshop explains the basics behind trade mark protection and helps you understand how to register for trade mark protection.
What you will learn at this workshop
• The basics of IP - overview of the Registered IP - Patents, Trade Marks, Designs
• The basics of copyright and trade secrets
• Understanding IP within your business plan, marketing and contracts
• Trade marks – what are they and what can be trade marked?
• The difference between business names, domain names and trade marks
• What to consider before you invest in your brand
• The trade mark application process