We will be establishing a domestic intellectual property (IP) Mediation Referral Service where IP right holders will be able to access mediation as a low cost and effective alternative to resolving IP related disputes.
Mediation has been used globally to resolve IP disputes and shown to be highly effective with up to 70 per cent being resolved.
The service established will:
- promote a mediation referral service as an alternative to the resolution of IP related matters
- assist parties in the selection of private sector mediators only from a panel of qualified and accredited individuals or providers
- enhance IP Australia's role in providing information and support services in relation to IP disputes
- encourage visibility of mediation services available for Australian IP applicants and owners.
We’re currently seeking the interest of qualified mediators through a request for application process, which is available on AusTender.
- If you have any questions regarding the Mediation Referral Service please contact us.
- Learn more about dispute resolution methods.
- Stay informed – sign up to our email updates to receive our latest news directly to your inbox.
- Like and follow IP Australia on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter (@IPAustralia), to get the latest IP updates delivered straight to your news feed.