On 19 November 2014, the Director General of IP Australia declared under the close-down provisions the days when the Canberra offices will not be open for business.
The close-down provisions in the Designs, Olympic Insignia protection, Patents, Plant Breeder's Rights and Trade Marks legislation provide for the effect of Designs Office, the Patent Office, the PBR Office and the Trade Marks Office not being open for business.
The Canberra offices will not be open for business on the following days in the period 1 January 2015 to 1 January 2016.
All the Canberra offices:
All Saturdays and Sundays in the period.
The Canberra office:
- Thursday, 1 January 2015 - New Year's Day
- Monday, 26 January 2015 - Australia Day
- Monday, 9 March 2015 - Canberra Day
- Friday, 3 April 2015 - Good Friday
- Monday, 6 April 2015 - Easter Monday
- Monday, 8 June 2015 - Queen's Birthday Holiday
- Monday, 28 September 2015 - Family & Community Day
- Monday, 5 October 2015 - Labour Day
- Friday, 25 December 2015 to
- Friday, 1 January 2016 - Christmas Close Down.