Phone: 02 9232-6000
Phone: 1300 33 80 69
$330/hr (inc. GST) plus incidental expenses, room hire, airfare (at cost) each party pays HALF the mediator’s fees.
Conducted over a 3,000 mediations and conciliations since accredited in 1992.
Since 1 December 2016, appointed by the Commonwealth Government as:
- the Franchising Mediation Adviser
- the Horticulture Mediation Adviser
- the Oilcode Dispute Resolution Adviser responsible for arranging the dispute resolution processes for all disputes in Australia under the Franchising Code of Conduct, the Horticulture Code of Conduct and the OilCode, which are prescribed codes under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
Served on a number of mediation and conciliation panels at various times, including:
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators international and Australian mediation panels
- Workers Compensation Commission (NSW) panel
- NSW Rural Assistance Authority (Farm Debt) panel
- Relationships Australia panel
- Office of the Mediation Adviser in respect of franchising disputes
- Supreme Court of NSW and District Court panels
- NSW Health Care complaints panel
- Victorian Bar Advanced Mediator panel
The lecturer for the Commercial Dispute Resolution practical skills course at the University of Sydney Law School providing experience in mediation, conciliation and arbitration techniques for law students.
- Conflict Resolution Network, Professional Skills Course 1991
- Completed the Conflict Resolution Workshop, Macquarie University 1992
- Accredited as a mediator by LEADR in 1992
- Undertook advanced mediation training with the Law Society of NSW, 1993
- Completed a Master of Laws with a major in dispute resolution at UTS, 1998
- Assessed by the NSW Bar as a Nationally Accredited Mediator, Expert Determiner and Arbitrator
- Accredited by the federal Attorney General’s Department as a Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP)
- Chartered Arbitrator and made Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, 2002
- Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London) by Mediation, 2007
- Completed Transformative Mediation course, University of Santa Barbara, 2008
Specialist experience and qualifications
Appointed an arbitrator by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) based in Geneva, Switzerland and the Australian auDA organisation. Provide written determinations (on the papers) of Australian and international intellectual property and domain name disputes.