c/o Clerk ‘S’
205 William St.
Mobile: 0412 254 737
$385/hr (inc GST), $1320/half day (inc GST), $1650/full day (inc GST).
I have been a practicing mediator over many years, and have conducted over 3,000 mediations. Over this time I have acted as:
- as a mediator appointed to resolve commercial disputes referred to mediation from the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Federal Court of Australia and the County Court of Victoria.
- as a mediator appointed pursuant to the Franchise Code to resolve disputes between franchisors and franchisees.
- as a mediator appointed pursuant to the Oil Industry Code to resolve disputes between oil industry retailers and suppliers
- as a mediator appointed by the Office of the Small Business Commissioner (Vic) to directly engage parties in finding creative and business-driven solutions
- as a panel mediator in the Real Property and Retail Tenancy lists at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)
- mediating in disputes where emotions run high, including disputes arising from the breakdown of family and interpersonal relationships
With more than 25 years of diverse mediation experience, I believe I have developed an expertise in adapting the mediation process to assist parties to resolve their dispute without compromising the possibility of maintaining an ongoing business relationship.
I am a Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS).
My RMAB is the Victorian Bar.
I am also accredited as an Advanced Mediator at the Victorian Bar.
Specialist experience and qualifications
I am a barrister who is a specialist mediator. My practice over 25yrs as a barrister and as a mediator has included numerous disputes in which property interests and income from Patents, Trademarks and Designs have been in issue.
As a mediator, I do not see it as my role to act as a judge or an arbitrator. I do however use my experience to assist the parties to negotiate their own resolution of the issues in dispute.
My active involvement in the practice of mediation is reflected in my appointment to the Mediator Standards Board in 2012, and as its serving Chair since 2017.
Use of teleconferences
My experience using teleconferences has been limited to using Telstra’s ‘Dial in with Pin’ service, which I have used to great effect, often with parties in their respective lawyers offices in different parts of the country. I estimate that I have conducted several hundred mediations using this service.