The rules governing the use of this registration certify advisers who have demonstrated compliance with six standards:
- High standard of skill and behaviour;
- Conduct business in a professional manner with all diligence, due care and skill expected of a business and financial professional;
- Deliver financial advice and/or financial services to clients without conflict of interest;
- Undertake a strict advice engagement process with each client;
- Comprehensive understanding of the client’s requirements and desired outcomes; and
- Provide the client with a Terms of Engagement document which summarises the advice and/or actions and setting out the adviser-client relationship.