Trade mark number:
At the time of filing, this trade mark was owned by MORTGAGE & FINANCE ASSOCIATION OF AUSTRALIA which seeks to provide a central point of reference for members and stakeholders seeking information, professional development and event opportunities in the financial industry of Australia. The Trade Mark is for the use approved members of the MFAA.
The rules governing the use of this registration requires completion of an MFAA approved course of study. The MFAA applicants must:
- must be an Australian citizen or resident of Australia or otherwise approved by the MFAA Board to hold membership of the MFAA;
- have successfully completed the MFAA Initial Compliance Pack course, including Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) instruction;
- must be more than 2 years experience in the past 5 years of mortgage lending, mortgage broking, finance broking or commercial brokering experience;
- must have an Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) program in place;
- must not be disqualified from engaging in credit assistance or provision of credit under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) or other relevant legislation;
- must hold professional indemnity insurance for a minimum value of $2 million for any one claim and $2 million in aggregate;
- must hold a minimum of 12 months run-off cover on a professional indemnity policy;
- must provide a copy of a Personal Credit Report that is acceptable to the MFAA
- must agree to abide by the MFAA Constitution, Code of Practice and Disciplinary Rules and other Board authorised Policies, Procedures and Protocols as issued from time to time.
1763096_160627.pdf in PDF format [2.75 MB]