You can apply for your trade mark with online services.
Before you do this it’s a good idea to make sure you know what classes of goods and/or services your trade mark should be registered for. This is important because you can only make minor changes to a trade mark after it has been submitted. Plus, goods and/or services can't be extended once your application has been submitted.
Once you start your application you do not need to complete it in one session. As long as you save it you can leave and return to your form at any time.
If you have everything you need to file:
- you must pay your filing application fee
- the application should take 10-15 minutes to finish if you have already prepared your information
- the logon session will time out after one hour of inactivity to help protect your privacy
- information provided in your application regarding contact addresses for both the owner and address for service of your trade mark will be made available on the Internet, once your application has been published
- if you don't have cookies enabled on your computer, the form may not work properly, make sure your computer's cache is set to refresh every page, every time you view it
- file attachments are limited to a maximum of 10MB.
Application methods available
There are two methods you can use to apply for a trade mark. Each method meets slightly different needs and has slightly different fees.
The methods are:
- our pre-application service known as TM Headstart (provides an assessment of your application before you officially apply using online services) or
- our standard online application process using online services.
All applications must include the following:
- your name/ownership details and contact details
- a representation of the trade mark - see our image requirements for online services
- a description of the goods and/or services to which it will apply
- a list of the relevant classes - what you are offering as goods or services
- a translation/transliteration of any part of your mark that is in another language and the required fee.