Before applying for a trade mark it's wise to conduct a detailed search to make sure there are no similar trade marks already pending or registered. It's a good idea to search as widely as possible.
Searching is not as simple as it sounds. It requires skill and persistence as merely searching for an identical mark is not sufficient.
An IP professional may be able to provide you with further assistance and advice.
In addition to using our Australian trade mark search you can also:
- search trade mark classifications: will help you decide which class your goods and/or services fall into, to check whether there are other people using a similar trade mark in your class
- use trade marks image viewer: to help you view trade marks that contain pictures or fancy typescripts.
Using our Australian trade mark search
Our free and comprehensive search system will help you find out:
- whether the name or logo you want to trade mark is already in use
- if your new product name or logo can be protected by trade mark registration
- similar trade marks in the market that may conflict with yours
- whether or not the use of your new product name or logo will infringe on another person's rights.